Safe Exam Browser is a webbrowser-environment to carry out online-exams safely. The software changes any computer into a secure workstation. It regulates the access to any utilities and prevents students from using unauthorised resources.
Today’s small-to-medium-sized (SMB) businesses and large enterprises are saving on their monthly communications costs by making one simple decision: to switch to a VoIP service solution from their old, outdated Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS). By choosing a new VoIP service, these companies enjoy the flexibility, reliability, call features, and audio quality that only a VoIP service can provide. Plus, they cut their phone bill by up to 70%!
GNU Library or Lesser General Public License version 2.0 (LGPLv2)
Mozilla Public License 1.0 (MPL)
- Webbrowser-environment to carry out online-exams safely
- Fullscreen or browser window mode (without any navigation elements)
- Disables shortcuts and operating system functions like Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del / Cmd-Alt-Esc), program switcher (Alt-Tab, Win-Tab / Cmd-Tab), Print Screen / Screenshot etc. which should not be available during an exam
- Prevents students from surfing the internet during an exam
- Compatible with basically all web-based exam systems, additional integration with learning management systems Moodle, ILIAS and others
- Possibility to permit controlled use of additional external applications
- Current versions supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.7 up to OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- SEB 2.x can be started or reconfigured for each exam just by clicking a special link in some regular web browser or in an e-mail
- Detection if SEB is running on a virtual machine, monitoring which processes are permitted or prohibited to be running during the exam
- Easy installation and deployment: Create .seb configuration files with which SEB can be configured/reconfigured after installation